|Chinese culture -> China-celebrity -> How to cook Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables|
[China-celebrity]How to cook Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables[Page:1]
1. 1 catty of Pork Belly (whole piece)
2. ? catty approximately 2 stalks (Mui Choi /preserved vegetables)
3. 2 Tbsps oyster sauce
4. 1 tsp salt
5. 1 tsp granulated sugar
6. 120ml dark soy sauce
7. 2 tbsps light soy sauce
8. 1 screw cap Shaoxing wine
9. 500 ml cooking oil
10. 1 Tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
11. ? tbsp crushed rock sugar
1. Soak the mui choi for 30 minutes. Tear and dice and set aside.
2. Rinse the pork belly.
3. Heat up a pot of water. When boils, boil pork belly for 30 mins.
4. When done, take it out and let it cool down, poke holes on top of the skin, around and under the meat.
5. Add Shaoxing wine, sugar, salt, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce into a big container, stir well, marinate pork belly for 30 mins.
6. Add 1tbsp cooking oil, high heat; add garlic, mui choi, light soy sauce, sugar and 2-3 Tbsps cold boiled water; sautee for 2 - 3 mins and take out.
7. Add 500 ml cooking oil into the wok. When oil boils, add the pork belly to shallow fry both sides for 4-5 mins.
8. When done, take out the pork and soak in cold water for 5 mins to cool down.
9. After cool down, cut the pork belly into 1.5 cm thick slices.
10. Place the slices pork upside down (skin facing downwards), add mui choy on top and add crushed rock sugar on the mui choi.
10.1 Stovetop: put inside the wok when the water boils and steam for 1.5 hours (add water inside the wok).
10.2 Steamer: 100 c steam for 1.5 hours.
10.3 When cool down, keep refrigerated. Steam further 1.5 hours on the next day.
11. Turn the plate upside down (mui choy under the meat) when serve, Enjoy!
|Previous Article Next Article All Article|
|email:email@example.com Chinese culture|